Overview of BCW&C:
Opened in 1998, Black Canyon Wing & Clay is a private upland game bird hunting preserve (pheasant & chukar at the present time) that is situated on 730 acres (that we own and maintain, none of our ranch is leased) southeast of Delta, Colorado. We are only 55 minutes from the Clifton exit on I-70 (or 55 minutes from the 5th Street Bridge in Grand Junction). Since we are commercially licensed by the Colorado Division of Wildlife, and we release thousands of pheasants and chukar on our property each year, we are not regulated by traditional hunting seasons. At BCW&C, our hunting season starts in mid-September and continues through March. There are no bag or possession limits and a Colorado hunting license is not required.
The only thing that separates the ranch from the famed Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a lot of BLM ground with very little desert vegetation. This means that our hard-flying birds stay close to the upland game-bird habitat that we plant, irrigate and maintain. The net result is that our members and their guests are always assured of seeing lots of birds that rival “Mother Nature’s own” in the type of cover that they inhabit naturally. At BCW&C you will experience the very best bird hunting that you will find anywhere!
What you can expect to find at Black Canyon Wing & Clay:
• The very best, most explosive birds you’ll find anywhere – our guarantee to all hunters is that the birds at BCW&C rival “Mother Nature”. And, you will see as many of these wild birds as you would like to see. Never again will you walk mile-after-mile only to see a couple of hens that you can’t shoot. If you visit BCW&C and don’t find birds you can blame your dog, because if you hunt over one of our dogs and don’t see birds, the hunt is on us!
• Ideal upland game bird cover – our fields are laid out for pheasant hunting. Some fields consist of narrow strips of great cover for small parties, some are large, expansive fields designed for large parties or faster breeds of dogs.
• Professional guides with well-trained dogs OR hunt with your own dog – about the only way to improve a hunt with lots of birds is to hunt over a well-trained dog.
• First-class place to dress your harvest – or we will dress and vacuum-pack your game for you (for a minimal fee) while you enjoy a beverage after the hunt.
• Clay target facility – we presently have a “wobble trap” and a 5-Stand which is ideal for wing shooting warm-up, or for a competitive match with your buddies.
• A place to get warm while drinking a complimentary “cold one” after the hunt – the Lodge at BCW&C provides a comfortable place to talk over the hunt, compliment or insult your buddy’s dog, and, in general, have a good time. We always have lots of beverages for ALL ages…we love hunting families and feel that it is important to get children started early!
• Flexibility…our initial vision is constantly improving due to input from our members.
This is our 18th year. Because we have worked very hard to achieve the above stated promises, it just keeps getting better for our members. We pride ourselves on providing the finest pheasant hunting that there is in this part of the country! It is always our privilege to assist our members and their guests to the best upland game bird experience possible.
There are a limited number of memberships available and, when they are filled, we will be taking new memberships only if and when openings become available. If you have a love for pheasant hunting or like the idea of spending quality hunting time with your family, friends or business associates, this is a remarkable opportunity. Your membership gets you into an established, premier hunting club that will only get better as time goes on.